Our large, experienced, independent and BEE-enabled actuarial team is one of the best in the country. We provide specialist and high-level actuarial solutions in the following areas:
- All statutory functions and advice to boards of trustees, including defined benefit and defined contribution valuations.
- Individual member benefit calculations, pension increases, benefit design and costing.
- Company accounting disclosures (i.e., IAS19/GRAP25 disclosures).
Retirement fund liquidations
- We have a proven track record to conclude complex liquidations within the shortest possible timeframes, to the benefit of all stakeholders.
Outsourcing actuarial work
- A wide range of potential actuarial support roles can be offered. We are often the actuary to the actuaries, other service providers and administrators in the retirement industry.
- Independent peer-review service to other actuarial firms.
Asset liability modelling
- We perform asset liability modelling exercises. These allow retirement funds to set investment strategies that are appropriate to their liabilities and to the level of risk that the fund is willing to take.
- We use the ALIS Stochastic Modelling suite of programs for asset liability modelling.
- We have considerable experience in complex employee benefit changes. This includes Section 197 transfers, Section 14 transfers, mergers and acquisitions, post‑retirement medical aid subsidy buyouts, pensioner outsourcing and conversions from defined benefit to defined contribution funds.
- Acting as expert witness in retirement fund matters.
Given our independence and high-caliber staff, we can also perform peer-reviews of other companies’ actuarial work.