Enterprise risk solutions
We are acutely aware of the responsibility we have towards clients in managing the risks they face. Accordingly, we apply the latest enterprise risk management techniques and theory to assist our clients in managing their financial and non-financial risks. We do this either by being a member of a company’s Risk Committee or by offering assistance to the client’s Chief Risk Officer. The services we offer include:
- Compiling a detailed risk register, allowing for the unique risks that the client faces;
- Applying statistical techniques to quantify the risks;
- Risk-based modelling of future scenarios;
- Assisting with the implementation of steps to mitigate undesirable risk;
- Determining the level of economic capital that the client needs to hold for risks that the client wishes to exploit;
- Considering the danger of “black swan“ events – i.e. applying extreme event theory.
African and international solutions
SNG ARGEN has been involved in large international actuarial outsourcing exercises and has extensive experience in the UK and in many African countries. We can assist retirement funds, employers, regulators and assurance companies by providing tailor-made actuarial solutions or consulting services to support their actuarial needs.
We at SNG ARGEN pride ourselves on providing a personalised service which focusses on meeting the needs of the client and solving problems, rather than just a consulting service.
We work closely with local actuarial partners who understand their particular country and can provide immediate, local support to our clients.
We have closely linked local contacts in:
Furthermore, we have serviced clients in a number of other African countries, namely:
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo;
Employer-focussed international solutions:
We give support to employers in order to help them understand the long-term impact of various benefit options and to provide independent input, while fulfilling an oversight role. Examples of this include:
- Independent advice and controls over pension fund benefits;
- Calculating and advising on long-term benefit costs such as long-term service awards, post-employment medical benefits, etc.;
- Assisting in employer-wide reviews on the adequacy of employees’ retirement provision.